New enhancements to enable data backups for workloads in databases, physical servers, virtual machines (VMs) in VMware, Hyper-V, AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud
[Broomfield, Colorado, Dec 2020]
Zmanda, the world’s leading provider of open-source enterprise backup and disaster recovery solutions, announced the new software release of Amanda Enterprise Backup Solution (AE) to protect physical servers, virtual machines (VMs), applications, databases, and cloud. In this release, Zmanda has made security, reliability, and ease of use its key focus areas.
Zmanda 4.0 is a reliable, feature-rich enterprise backup and disaster recovery solution that is designed to enable IT teams to manage all backup policies that cover both their on-premises and cloud environments with a single dashboard.
What is included in the new release?
- Amanda Enterprise (AE) Servers Cluster: Centralized management for clustered environments for multiple backup servers (on-premises and cloud).
- Data Deduplication: Reduce storage costs and backup sizes with data de-duplication.
- AWS Glacier: Support for long term storage using AWS Glacier reducing storage costs.
- Centralized License Management: Deploy licenses to all AE servers (multi-location) from the Zmanda Management Console (ZMC).
- Custom Roles: Advanced Role-based access control administration capabilities to support multiple groups.
- VMWare API Upgrade: Support for VMWare 6.7
- ZMC Dashboard: Overview of backup sets, AE health checkups, event messages, AE cluster disk details and more. For more details refer the overview section in 4.0 documentation.
- Enhanced User Experience: Zmanda 4.0 comes with brand new user experience. For more details refer the 4.0 documentation.
- Sicurezza: TLS 1.2 support for encrypted network communications
- Google Cloud: Added support for “Durable Reduced Availability” for long-term storage and reduced cost.
- Sources – Activate/Deactivate: Sources/DLEs can be activated and deactivated directly from the sources page.
- Schedule Plan: New schedule plan options to create schedules and link them to any backup sets. Monthly and weekly options have been reimagined.
This release also extends support to newer versions of operating systems. IT teams will be able to implement Zmanda in hybrid environments (cloud and on-premises) with new options and Amanda Enterprise cluster support.
“Zmanda 4.0 allows our customers to significantly reduce their storage costs with best-in-class deduplication.” - Pavan Raj, Director
For many IT teams, enterprise backup has become a labor-intensive and expensive necessity. With ever-changing storage trends, teams need one solution that can keep up with both legacy and cloud storage.
Zmanda is the world’s leading provider of open-source backup and disaster recovery software. Our open-source development and distribution model enables us to deliver best-in-class software with Amanda Enterprise and Zmanda Recovery Manager for MySQL at a fraction of the cost of other vendors.
Zmanda contributes significant development resources to open-source data protection projects that share our vision. We also provide hardware, collaboration tools, and financial assistance to key developers in the open-source community.