Key features of Zmanda 5.1:
- Easily modify log levels for better debugging and performance insights
- Additional hardening and security measures
- Expanded VMware compatibility and bulk VM management
- Enhanced disaster recovery capabilities
- Cost transparency and licensing simplification with Zmanda One pricing
- BETA: Faster backup and restore with backupset level data deduplication
Broomfield, Colorado, January 2024
We are pleased to announce the release of the latest backup and recovery experience, Zmanda 5.1. The release comes with integrated disaster recovery and deduplication solutions and also includes several new features and enhancements that make it easier and more powerful to protect your data.
With Zmanda 5.1, you can get:
- Maximized system uptime and performance with dynamic log level control: Zmanda 5.1’s log adjustments let you control data efficiently, with changes taking effect instantly. This optimizes performance and aids troubleshooting/monitoring without service restarts.
- Solid security for your data with product hardening: Zmanda 5.1 ensures the security of your data by employing advanced security measures. Product hardening safeguards data through encryption, granular access controls, and continuous vulnerability management, ensuring compliance with industry standards and mitigating security risks.
- Expanded VMware compatibility and bulk VM management: Zmanda now supports VMware version 8, making VM management user-friendly. Easily add and manage VMs in bulk or individually, simplifying workload management by selecting ESXi servers.
- Fast failover with enhanced disaster recovery capabilities: Zmanda’s automated backups ensure your data is always protected, minimizing human error and offering swift, granular restores. With advanced encryption and multi-factor authentication, your data is safe from even the most sophisticated threats.
- Efficient backup and restore with backupset level data deduplication (Beta): This procedure drastically speeds up backups and restores, reducing downtime and ensuring continuous business operations. The lower data volume also optimizes network bandwidth usage by up to 90%, resulting in a more cost-effective backup and restore process.
- Cost transparency and licensing simplification with Zmanda One pricing: With the new release, you can craft a perfect-fit solution based on your sources and backup needs. Windows, Linux, VMs – no problem. Pay only for what you use, whether you’re a data-hoarding giant or a nimble startup.
Now, do you want to cut your costs in half? Explore our flexible enterprise-grade editions & pricing and control your backup costs.
At Zmanda, we recognize the ever-changing landscape of data protection and the critical challenges faced by IT teams. Zmanda 5.1 aims to simplify backup and recovery for businesses of all sizes by offering enhanced speed, efficiency, data availability, and cost reductions. With new functionalities, Zmanda 5.1 empowers our customers to focus on what matters most to them: their core business objectives.Justin Gesso, Senior Director of Product Marketing
If you’re short on time, you might want to:
- Explore & upgrade: To learn more, refer to our release notes. If you are a Zmanda customer already and would like to upgrade to Zmanda 5.1, please refer to our upgrade instructions page.
- Calculate your potential savings: Use our interactive tool to see how much you could save. We guarantee potential cost reductions of up to 50%.
- Try it first: Sign up for a free trial today and experience the difference.
- Talk to experts: Our dedicated support team is always ready to answer your questions and provide expert guidance.
Why is Zmanda the leading open-source backup provider?
Zmanda is the world’s leading open-source backup and disaster recovery software provider. Our open-source development and distribution model enables us to deliver best-in-class software with Zmanda Enterprise and Zmanda Recovery Manager for MySQL at a fraction of the cost of other vendors.
Zmanda contributes significant development resources to open-source data protection projects that share our vision.
Zmanda is a proven, reliable, and high-performance enterprise backup and recovery solution that has protected over 1 million servers and served customers in 45+ countries since 1991. Headquartered in Broomfield, Colorado, Zmanda offers a complete solution with 24*7 support at 50% less cost than the competition. Zmanda is trusted by NASA, Yale University, Boeing, the DoD, governments worldwide, and more.
With the release of Zmanda 5.1 today, Zmanda is committed to rapidly shipping innovative features to make your backup journey easier while increasing its power.
If you are looking for an enterprise backup and recovery solution that is proven, reliable, high-performance, and cost-effective, Zmanda is the solution for you.