ZRM MySQL Backups and Amazon Storage Gateway for AWS S3 Backup
In case of catastrophic data center failures, the ZRM server configuration and backup data can be recovered either to a physical or virtual machine in the local data center or to Amazon EC2 virtual machine in the cloud. After ZRM server recovery, all MySQL databases can be restored and brought online.
How to Find the Login Details for ZRM (MySQL Backup) on AWS?
Let’s have a look at the steps:
- Login to AWS Console.
- Click on the EC2 Service- Compute.
- Click on instances on the Navbar–> Click on Launch instance.
4. Type ZRM in the search bar and press enter.
5. Click on Zmanda Recovery Manager (ZRM) in AWS Marketplace.
6. Click Select.
7. Click Continue.
8. Select instance type, the default one is t2.medium.
9. Set to default VPC.
10. Click to Add Storage, the default storage is 30GB.
11. Click Add Tags provide a valid key-value pair.
12. Configure security group defaults with Type/Port values as ssh/22,http/80, and https/443.
13. Click Review and Launch.
14. Create new key-pair or choose an existing key-pair with your private key.
15. Click Launch instances.
Note: Allow the instances to be launched and all status checks to be green. Depending on your location it may take up to 2 minutes.
16. Click on EC2 dashboard.
17. Click on the ZRM server that was launched previously
Note: The Public DNS (IPV4 IP address)
18. Launch the IP address in a new browser tab. It will redirect to a security page (With the message ‘Your connection is not private’ displayed prominently)-> Click on Advanced-> Click on Proceed (IP will be displayed along with ‘Proceed’).
Note: This will open the Zmanda Recovery Management Console web UI.
19. Open a command terminal on your Windows or Unix box.
20. ssh into the Zmanda server that was launched.
ssh -i “zmanda.pem” email@example.com
Note: This should log you into the instance we just created.
21. vi /tmp/ MySQL ZRMpassword.txt
22. Copy password from this file.
23. Use the credentials default Username as ‘admin’ and the text you just retrieved from step 22 as password for login. Log into ZRM in AWS.
What Are The Other Features of ZRM for MySQL?
- Customize your backup schedules with both full and incremental backups of your MySQL database as needed.
- Start immediate backup or postpone scheduled backups based on thresholds defined by you.
- Experience convenience with the flexibility of logical or faster raw backups of your database.
- Perform backups that is the best match for your storage engine and your MySQL configuration.
- Backup your remote MySQL database through a firewall.
- Configure on-the-fly compression and/or encryption of your MySQL backups to meet your storage and security needs.
- Get e-mail notification of the status of your backups and receive MySQL backup reports via RSS feed. Never miss important updates ever again.
- Monitor and browse your backups.
- Define retention policies and automatically delete backups that have expired. Let automation make your life easy.
- Recover a database easily to any point in time or to any particular transaction, e.g. just before a user made an error.
- Parse binary logs to search and filter MySQL logs for operational and security reasons.
- Snapshot live MySQL with Linux LVM, Windows VSS, Solaris ZFS, NetApp SnapManager, and Veritas VxFS to minimize locking on the database. This allows you to backup mission-critical MySQL production environments without interrupting online data access.
- Globally manage backup and recovery of hundreds of MySQL databases via a single web-based Zmanda Management Console.
To learn more about ZRM and to see a comprehensive quick start guide click here.
You can reach us @ Zsupport@betsol.com or call us @ 888-496-2632 (U.S.)/ 408-732-3208 (INTL) to learn more about amazon s3 glacier.
Also, be sure to check out Rutgers Case Study: How the University Saved Tens of Thousands of Dollars