Verifying Amanda Enterprise System and Environmental Requirements
Almost all failed installations or problems with backups fall into two categories:
- The Amanda Enterprise server or one of its clients does not meet the system requirements which include package dependencies.
- The Amanda Enterprise defaults do not match the local configuration, meaning one or both must be changed.
To avoid these problems, read the Amanda Enterprise 3.5 system requirements.
Installing the Correct Amanda Enterprise Components and Licenses
If you intend to run the Amanda Enterprise backup server (referred to as the Amanda server) on the same machine as the file systems being backed up, this is simple: just choose the appropriate binary distribution from the Zmanda network downloads page, install 3.5 using the Installer *run file, then download and install the license key. If you intend to run an Amanda server to back up one or more remote hosts, multiple installations on the remote hosts are required.
These procedures are detailed in Downloading and Installing Amanda Enterprise Components.
Amanda Enterprise 3.5 Documentation
Comprehensive and detailed manuals cover both the GUI console (called the Zmanda Console Manager or ZMC) and command line interfaces to Amanda Enterprise. The man pages are also installed along with the Amanda server.
- Backing Up and Restoring Oracle Servers (Linux)
- Backing Up and Restoring PostgreSQL Servers
- Backing Up and Restoring Oracle Servers (Windows)
- Backing Up and Restoring Microsoft Exchange
- Backing Up and Restoring Microsoft SQL Servers
- Backing Up and Restoring Microsoft Sharepoint Servers
- Backing Up and Restoring Microsoft Hyper-V Virtual Machines
- Backing Up and Restoring Common Internet Filesystem (CIFS) Shares
- Backing Up and Restoring VMware Vsphere and ESX
- Backup Up and Restoring NDMP appliances
Zmanda is a trademark of Zmanda Incorporated in the USA. Other products mentioned may be trademarks of their respective corporations.
Zmanda products conform to the accessibility requirements outlined in Section 508 of the Americans with Disability Act.
For information on Zmanda Management Console accessibility, please see the Zmanda ADA Section 508 Compliance page.