This article is for Zmanda Recovery Manager For MySQL (ZRM)
Info Type: Tip
When MySQL server version is being upgraded (or downgraded),
- It is a good idea to do a full backup of the databases/tables before the upgrade.
- Check whether the MySQL client version installed on the ZRM server is compatible with new MySQL server version.
- If the MySQL server parameters are changed such as MySQL server port, MySQL backup user or password, the backup set configuration should be updated.
- After the upgrade, please check for any configuration errors (Visit Backup|Summary page for the backup set) in the backup set that is configured to backup the MySQL server.
- Check database/table consistency after the upgrade before doing a full backup of the backup set. Use mysqlcheck, MySQL client program to do table consistency checks.