ZRM MySQL Backups and Amazon Storage Gateway
In case of catastrophic data center failures, the ZRM server configuration and backup data can be recovered to a physical or virtual machine in the local data center or to Amazon EC2 virtual machine in the cloud. After ZRM server recovery, all MySQL databases can be restored and brought online.
How to Find the Login Details for ZRM (MySQL Backup) on AWS?
Let’s have a look at the steps:
- Login to AWS Console.
- Click on the EC2 Service- Compute.
- Click on instances–> Launch instance.
- Type ZRM in the search tab.
- Click on Zmanda Recovery Manager (ZRM) in AWS Marketplace.
- Click Select.
- Click Continue.
- Select instance type àdefault t2.medium.
- Set to default VPC.
- Click to Add Storage à default= 30GB.
- Next Click Add Tagsà provide a valid key-value pair.
- Configure security groupà defaults ssh/22,http/80,https/443.
- Click Review and Launch.
- Create new key-pair or choose an existing key-pair with your private key.
- Click Launch instances.
Note: Allow the instances to be launched and all status checks to be green.
- Click on EC2 dashboard.
- Click on the ZRM server that was launched previously
Note: The Public DNS (IPV4 IP address)
- Launch the IP address in a new browserà It will redirect to a security page (Your connection is not private)à Click on Advanceà Click on Proceed.
Note: This will open you to the Zmanda Management Console web UI.
- Open a command terminal on your Windows or Unix box.
- ssh into the Zmanda server that was launchedà example:
ssh -i “zmanda.pem” [email protected]
Note: This should log you into the instance we just created.
- vi /tmp/ MySQL ZRMpassword.txt
- Copy password from this file.
- Default User= admin
Default Password= What you retrieved from step 22.
Use these credentials to log into ZRM in AWS.
What Are The Other Features of ZRM for MySQL?
- Schedule full and incremental backups of your MySQL database.
- Start immediate backup or postpone scheduled backups based on thresholds defined.
- Choose to do more flexible logical or faster raw backups of your database.
- Perform backup that is the best match for your storage engine and your MySQL configuration.
- Backup your remote MySQL database through a firewall.
- Configure on-the-fly compression and/or encryption of your MySQL backups to meet your storage
and security needs.
- Get e-mail notification of the status of your backups and receive MySQL backup reports via RSS
- Monitor and browse your backups.
- Define retention policies and automatically delete backups that have expired.
- Recover a database easily to any point in time or to any particular transaction, e.g. just before a
user made an error.
- Parse binary logs to search and filter MySQL logs for operational and security reasons
- Snapshot live MySQL with Linux LVM, Windows VSS, Solaris ZFS, NetApp SnapManager, and Veritas
VxFS to minimize locking on the database. This allows you to backup mission-critical MySQL
production environments without interrupting online data access.
- Global management of backup and recovery of hundreds of MySQL databases from a single web-based Zmanda Management Console.
To learn more about ZRM and to see a comprehensive quick start guide click here.
Please follow the above steps to find Login Details for ZRM (MySQL Backup) on AWS. In case you get stuck in the process, kindly contact our team.
You can reach us @ [email protected] or call us @ 888-496-2632 (U.S.)/ 408-732-3208 (INTL)
Also, be sure to check out Rutgers Case Study: How the University Saved Tens of Thousands of Dollars