Amanda User Guides
General Enterprise Backup & Recovery
- Advantages of Amanda Over Proprietary Backup
This guide discuss how Amanda compares to other backup products. It will help you understand some key Amanda differences and will help you evaluate and transition to Amanda.
- Top Considerations for Implementing Secure Backup and Recovery
Best practices for ensuring security of backup data.
- Configuring Amanda for Parallel Backups
Amanda uses several parameters and settings to determine the number of parallel backups. In order to run parallel backups all of these settings must work in concert. This guide discusses these settings in detail.
- When Bad Things Happen to Good Amanda Backup Server
This guide describes methods of devising a multi-layered protection to the Amanda backup server by using Amanda backups and the standard operating systems tool rsync.
- IDC Report: Backup and Recovery: The Open Source Option Comes of Age
- User Manual for Linux Clients
User guide to setup zmanda clients and start taking back up from RHEL, CentOS,Fedora etc. Linux servers. This document covers the pre and post installation checklists for individual Linux operating systems and how to add the servers in Zmanda Management Console.
- Spectra and Zmanda Solution BriefZmanda and Spectra Logic together, address the data management and storage needs associated with explosive data growth. Zmanda and Spectra combine fast installation, simplified management, enterprise-class functionality and costeffective storage to deliver a fully integrated solution for data protection. Spectra Logic disk and tape products provide a scalable, cost-effective data management platform to address considerable storage and performance requirements.
- Introduction to Amanda Enterprise
This guide provides a technical overview of Amanda Enterprise. It describes design and operations of Amanda Enterprise and how it is unique in its ease of use, flexibility and scalability.
- Cost-Effective Data Protection for Microsoft Windows Environments
This guide discusses the challenges of protecting Microsoft Windows files, databases, and email applications within a heterogeneous IT environment; and demonstrates how Amanda Enterprise, combined with its clients and agents, provides a powerful, low-cost solution.
- vTape Planning Guide
This guide will help you install and set-up backup to disk utilizing vTapes in Amanda Enterprise. It outlines considerations that need addressing and provides a methodology for determining optimal vTape values. It also addresses some of the questions that arise when deploying vTape backups.
- Hardware Acceleration for Amanda Enterprise Backup
This guide shows how Amanda Enterprise can be easily integrated with hardware acceleration cards to reduce the backup window without using more CPU resources. Amanda Enterprise’s flexible architecture allows hardware accelaration cards from Indra Networks to compress and encrypt backup images. The guide also provides backup run performance measurements with the hardware acceleration cards.
- Integration of Data Domain systems with Amanda Enterprise
This how-to document explains how to configure and integrate Data Domain systems with Amanda Enterprise. Data Domain deduplication storage systems dramatically reduce the amount of disk storage needed to store backup archives.
- Configuring Sun StorageTek SL500 tape library for Amanda Enterprise
Sun StorageTek SL500 is a modular and scalable tape library. This document shows how to configure Amanda Enterprise to use a SL500 library.
- Introduction to Amanda Community
The purpose of this guide is to give a brief technical overview of Amanda Community. It will help you understand how Amanda works, how it is different from other backup software, and how it can help you solve your data protection requirements.
- Setting Up the Open Source Backup Software Amanda Community
This article illustrates how you can install and configure the Amanda backup server, set backup parameters, verify the configuration.
- How to back-up using the Open Source Backup Software Amanda Community
This article illustrates how to create and configure backupsets, verify backup configurations and run backups.
- ZRM Startup Guide
ZRM guide helps customers to take the MYSQL backups abd restore from MYSQL server.
- MySQL backups to Amazon S3 using Zmanda Recovery Manager & Amazon Storage Gateway.
This document provides steps for implementing a AWS cloud-based disaster recovery solution for your MySQL databases.
- Backup and Recovery Benchmark for MySQL with ZRM.
This document provides backup and recovery benchmarks for MyISAM and InnoDB engines with logical, raw and snapshot methods of backup available in ZRM for MySQL.
- How to Backup a Remote MySQL Server with ZRM Over the Internet.
This document describes what to consider and how to configure ZRM for secure backup and recovery of remote MySQL server, e.g. when it is hosted by the Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- Top 5 Considerations While Setting Up Your MySQL Backup
A well thought through backup plan and configuration will go a long way to ensure that you can recover your database - when a system or user error deletes important data stored in MySQL - without impacting your business.
- ZRM: Guide to MySQL Backup & Recovery
This guide introduces you to the Zmanda Recovery Manager (ZRM) for MySQL. ZRM is a comprehensive, certified, mission-critical enterprise backup and recovery solution designed to protect MySQL databases.
- Using NetApp Snapshots for Backup of MySQL with ZRM
This document describes how NetApp Snapshot and Zmanda Recovery Manager can be used to back up and restore a MySQL database for NetApp storage systems. Specifically, this report covers the infrastructure required integrating ZRM with a NetApp storage system and backing up and restoring a MySQL database using ZRM.
- How to Setup and Verify a Backup Solution for MySQL In 15 Minutes
For our 15-minute challenge, we will backup a MySQL 5.0 database on Linux. We will only use freely downloadable open source software for the solution.