Oracle Database Backup and Recovery
Simplify Oracle Database Backups
Zmanda disaster recovery solution delivers simplified and reliable protection for your Oracle Databases on Linux, Solaris, and Windows servers. IT and Disaster Management teams can choose to do an incremental or full backup, while users and applications continue to access the Oracle databases.
servers under backup.
Audits available through Amanda.
RMAN support on Linux and Solaris
Oracle’s Recovery Manager (RMAN) is used during Oracle database backups, including backing up data files, control files and archive logs. RMAN helps in optimizing performance, preserve consistency and control granularity during backup runs and recovery scenarios.
Databases can be restored either from tape, network storage or hybrid cloud endpoints simply and quickly using an intuitive interface.
Flexible Backup Levels
Supports full and multi-level incremental backups using industry-standard data formats.
VSS Support on Windows
Uses Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) to leverage Microsoft snapshot technology for database backups.
Support for Oracle 11g on Windows and Oracle 10g and 11g on Linux and Solaris.
How we benefit you?
Industry-standard formats used during database backups, such as .zip on Windows and .tar on Linux and Solaris.
With Zmanda, you can be sure that your data won’t be accessed by someone who shouldn’t have access to it.
Backup size matters. We thus use industry-standard compression algorithms, also preventing vendor lockins.
Hybrid Cloud Architecture
Balancing workloads across multiple cloud providers shouldn't be complex. Zmanda ensures all configurations are seamlessly managed from a single console.
Zmandas Oracle Backup Client integrates seamlessly with Zmanda Management Console, handling many of the integration complexities and reducing overheads.
Zmanda guarantees end to end data integrity and easy storage... They provide fixes for our issues and respond very quickly every time.
Marcin Mazurek, Infrastructure & IT Operations Director at Allegro
We have a stable system always updated. We sleep well.
Leonardo Corato, ICT manager at VDP Fonderia
As long as you're a little bit technical, I can't see any reason to use any other product than Amanda Enterprise
Johan Hybinette, Chief Information Security Officer at Schryver Medical
Frequently Asked Questions
Database recovery is the process of restoring the database to a correct (consistent) state in the event of a failure. In other words, it is the process of restoring the database to the most recent consistent state that existed shortly before the time of system failure. The failure may be the result of a system crash due to hardware or software errors, a media failure such as head crash, or a software error in the application such as a logical error in the program that is accessing the database.
- Zmanda Recovery Manager is a comprehensive backup and recovery product for MySQL that works with every storage engine and supports local and remote backup of MySQL. ZRM is certified by MySQL and NetApp. For hot and scalable backup of MySQL, ZRM has a plug-in that enables backup using NetApp Snapshot technology. Zmanda provides two editions for the MySQL database backup:
- Zmanda Recovery Manager for MySQL— Enterprise Edition
- Zmanda Recovery Manager for MySQL— Community/Cluster Edition
Oracle Database is the first database designed for enterprise grid computing, the most flexible and cost effective way to manage information and applications. Enterprise grid computing creates large pools of industry-standard, modular storage and servers. With this architecture, each new system can be rapidly provisioned from the pool of components. There is no need for peak workloads, because capacity can be easily added or reallocated from the resource pools as needed. Zmanda helps enterprises achieve Oracle database backup solutions and objectives - even during major IT outages. IT teams can expect robust Oracle backup strategies. Zmanda is a powerful backup and recovery offering for a price less than you would expect.
MySQL Enterprise Backup (MEB) tool available from Oracle (requires license from Oracle) can be used as the backup method for the oracle backup set. Full, Differential and Chained differential backups can be performed using this tool.
Select MySQL Enterprise Backup as the full backup method to use Oracle's InnoDB Hot Backup or MySQL Enterprise Backup to perform the Oracle database backup. Oracle's InnoDB Hot Backup could use MySQL Enterprise Server Standard edition or higher. This option provides integration between Zmanda Recovery Manager (ZRM) and the Oracle product.
Backups done by particular version of MySQL Enterprise Backup can be restored only by the same version of MySQL Enterprise Backup.
- It is the World’s leading provider of enterprise open source backup and recovery products. We have a legacy of protecting enterprise data.
- Zmanda also offers seamless enterprise backups for Hybrid cloud environment. Zmanda ensures that all critical workloads such as servers, databases, application, and VMs across hybrid cloud resources are protected against security breaches and accidental errors.
- Zmanda has cleared Homeland certification for Government use. Coverity, which creates automated source-code analysis tools, announced its first list of open source projects that have been certified as free of security defects and we are humbled to be on the list certified for government use.
Ready to Get Started?
Developed by engineers passionate in making the best backup and recovery solutions.
servers under backup
Audits available through Amanda.