Reliable, cost-effective backup and recovery protection for your Solaris and OpenSolaris systems
The Zmanda Solaris Client provides a reliable, cost-effective solution to protect your Solaris and OpenSolaris systems. Zmanda Solaris Clients interface seamlessly with the Zmanda Management Console, enabling administrators to use one intuitive, point-and-click interface to backup multiple Linux, Solaris, Windows, and Mac OS X systems - as well Exchange Server, SQL Server, and Oracle databases.
Amanda Enterprise backup server and Zmanda Solaris client are certified with Solaris, OpenSolaris, and ZFS. The backup server supports storage servers such as Sun Fire X4540 OpenStorage Server, storage expansion arrays such as Sun Storage J4400 Array, and StorageTek tape libraries.
Amanda Enterprise is the only commercial backup and recovery software that uses open formats for backup images. The Zmanda Solaris Client uses the standard tar format, giving you the option to recover your data even without Zmanda software.
- Centralized and scalable backup. Backup multiple Solaris systems to a single master backup server without impacting users and applications
- Simple, flexible backups. Supports full and incremental backup modes.
- Open source formats. Uses only industry standard data formats such as tar data format.
- Hard links. Maintains the integrity of hard links during backup.
- Sparse files. Supports the backup of sparse files to optimize the use of storage media for backups.
- Timestamps unchanged. File timestamps remain intact during backup.
- Include/exclude lists. Administrators can choose to include or exclude specific files and directories during backup.
- Standard Encryption. Administrators can choose which data to encrypt, which standard encryption algorithm to use, and whether to encrypt data on the client or on the server.
- Standard Compression. Uses only industry standard compression utilities, and allows administrator to choose the optimal compression algorithm for the data and the resources available, as well as whether to compress the data on the client or the server.
- Platform support. Supports x86/x64 and SPARC architectures.
|Zmanda Solaris Client
|Solaris 8, 9, 10 (SPARC and x86/x64)|
|OpenSolaris (x86/ x64)|
Resources for Amanda Enterprise on Solaris:
- The quick-start guide for configuring the zpool and ZFS file systems on the Sun Fire X4540 server as a backup server for Amanda Enterprise.
- The quick-start guide for configuring Amanda Enterprise backup server on Sun Fire X4200 M2 server and Sun Storage J4400 array with ZFS.
- Top Considerations for Implementing Secure Backup & Recovery
- IDC Report: Backup and Recovery: The Open Source Option Comes of Age
- Advantages of Amanda Over Proprietary Backup
- Introduction to Amanda Enterprise
- Cost-Effective Data Protection for Microsoft Windows Environments
- Success Stories
- Blog: Solaris Backup and Archiving
- Levels of support: Basic, Standard and Premium
- Compatibility Matrix: List of supported operating systems, databases and applications
- Trial Software: Contact us to try out Amanda Enterprise in your environment
- Coverity certification: Amanda passes Homeland Security Rung 2