Reliable, cost-effective backup and recovery protection for your Windows systems
The Zmanda Windows Client provides a reliable, cost-effective solution to protect your physical or virtual systems running Microsoft's Windows operating system. Zmanda Windows Clients interface seamlessly with the Zmanda Management Console, enabling administrators to use one intuitive, point-and-click interface to backup multiple Linux, Solaris, Windows, and Mac OS X systems — as well as Exchange Server, SharePoint, SQL Server, and Oracle databases.Amanda Enterprise is the only commercial backup and recovery software that uses open formats for backup images. The Zmanda Windows Client uses the standard ZIP64 format, giving you the option to recover your data even without Zmanda software. The Zmanda Windows Client also leverages standard Windows VSS snapshots to enable hot backups of Windows systems without impacting users or applications.
Amanda Enterprise backup server is installed on either a Linux or Solaris server and Zmanda Windows Client is installed on every server and desktop running the Microsoft Windows operating system.
- Centralized and scalable backup. Backup multiple Microsoft Windows clients to a single master backup server without impacting users and applications
- Simple, flexible backups. Supports full and incremental backups.
- Hard links and Junctions. Maintains the integrity of hard links and junction points during backup.
- Sparse files. Supports the backup of sparse files to optimize the use of storage media for backups.
- Timestamps unchanged. File timestamps remain intact during backup.
- Exclude lists. Administrators can choose to exclude files and directories, based on site-specific criteria, during backup.
- Standard Encryption. Administrators can choose which data to encrypt and which standard encryption algorithm to use on the server. Zmanda Windows Client supports Windows PFX (Personal Information Exchange) certificates.
- Standard Compression. Uses only industry standard compression utilities and leverages zip compression format. Allows administrator to choose the optimal compression algorithm for the data and the resources available, as well as whether to compress the data on the client or the server.
- Fast recovery of Active Directory. Protects Windows System State, including Active Directory, to enable fast and easy system restoration or bare-metal recovery to dissimilar hardware and virtual environments. Both user data and operating environment are protected by Zmanda Windows Client.
- Open file backup. Leverages Microsoft VSS (Volume Shadow Copy Service) snapshot technology, integral part of Windows operating system, to backup locked and open files on Windows without impacting users or applications. Zmanda Windows Client creates and stores application-consistent point-in-time copies for backup.
- Open format. Backup images are stored in ZIP64 format which is supported by several tools and utilities.
|Zmanda Windows Client
|Microsoft Windows 7|
|Microsoft Windows Vista|
|Microsoft Windows XP Pro|
|Microsoft Windows XP (Home)|
|Microsoft Windows 2008 Server R2|
|Microsoft Windows 2008 Server|
|Microsoft Windows 2003 Server|