This article is for Amanda Enterprise (AE)
Info Type: Tip
amandabackup user is used by Zmanda Windows Client to do backups and restoration. If the user password expires, backups and restoration will fail.
To change the password expiration policy:
For clients that do not have Active Directory Installed
- Click on Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Local Users and Groups -> Users.
- Double Click on ‘amandabackup’ user.
- Check “Password never expires” and say Ok.
For machines that have Active Directory Installed (Windows Server)
- Administrative Tools -> Active Directory Users and Computers.
- Double Click on ‘amandabackup’ user under <DomainName>->Users.
- Click on ‘Account’ tab and Check “Password never expires” and say Ok.