To complete the AEE software upgrade, Please click here to resolve this issue. (code #ZDT) Error codes may be ZDD, ZDT, and/or ZDU.
To complete the AEE software upgrade, Please click here to resolve this issue. (code #ZDU)
Please contact Zmanda Customer Support at [email protected] to complete the AEE software upgrade (code #ZDDZDU)Error codes may be ZDD, ZDT, and/or ZDU.
This message and error code indicates that ZMC detected that some of the config files were customized and must be merged with files provided by the new install to finish the upgrade.
When upgrading AE, the Amanda Enterprise installer does not overwrite the file
/etc/zmanda/zmc/zmc_aee/zmc_user_dumptypes (/etc/zmanda/zmc/zmc_user_dumptypes in 3.1)
/opt/zmanda/amanda/etc/zmanda/zmc/zmc_aee/zmc_user_dumptypes (/opt/zmanda/amanda/etc/zmanda/zmc/zmc_user_dumptypes in 3.1)
or Solaris with the latest version if the file was customized by the customer in order to preserve the customer's alterations. The message will be shown with an error code #ZDU. Although they are not intended to be edited by the customer, ZMC also ensures that
/etc/zmanda/zmc/zmc_aee/zmc_dumptypes and /etc/zmanda/zmc/zmc_aee/zmc_device_dumptypes (/etc/zmanda/zmc/zmc_dumptypes and /etc/zmanda/zmc/zmc_device_dumptypes in 3.1)
/opt/zmanda/amanda/etc/zmanda/zmc/zmc_aee/zmc_dumptypes and /opt/zmanda/amanda/etc/zmanda/zmc/zmc_aee/zmc_device_dumptypes (/opt/zmanda/amanda/etc/zmanda/zmc/zmc_dumptypes and /opt/zmanda/amanda/etc/zmanda/zmc/zmc_device_dumptypes in 3.1)
for Solaris are not overwritten if customized by the customer for any reason. The message would then also issue error codes #ZDD and #ZDT, respectively, in this case.
If any of these files have been customized, the error codes shown above are given and the customized files should be compared by the customer to the files provided in the previous version of AE in order to locate and preserve custom changes. The differences between files will show previous changes that have been made so that these changes can then be applied to the files of the recent install so the customizations are not lost. If customizations are found, the new install does not replace the customized files yet rather saves the latest version of the file with a ".new" extension:
The original files included with various versions of AE are linked at the bottom of this KB article. The version of AE for each attached file is given as the last three digits. File zmc_user_dumptypes_332, for instance, is the original zmc_user_dumptypes file provided by AE 3.3.2. Download the files for the version that you upgraded from. Save these to the /etc/zmanda/zmc/zmc_aee/ directory (/etc/zmanda/zmc_aee/ in 3.1) on the backup server and then perform the following steps as the root user:
1. Change into the /etc/zmanda/zmc/zmc_aee directory
2. Use the file links at the bottom of this article to download the dumptype files that are of the version you upgraded from. Then run the below diff command to check which changes were made to your customized zmc_user_dumptypes file:
# diff zmc_user_dumptypes zmc_user_dumptypes_332< property "TEMP-WORKING-DIR" "/srv/backups/tmp/" #sufficiently large directory for temp backup data both for backup and restore---> property "TEMP-WORKING-DIR" "/tmp/amanda/" #sufficiently large directory for temp backup data both for backup and restore
3. In this example, the diff shows that the directory for the TEMP-WORKING-DIR was changed by the user from /tmp/amanda/ to /srv/backups/tmp/ in the previous version. In order to preserve this customization in the upgraded version, edit the new file provided by the new version, zmc_user_dumptypes.new, and make the same change to this file.
4. Rename the "old" file as zmc_user_dumptypes.old, and rename the "new" file as zmc_user_dumptypes.
# mv zmc_user_dumptypes zmc_user_dumptypes.old
# mv zmc_user_dumptypes.new zmc_user_dumptypes
5. Follow steps 2 through 4 to merge in customizations to the zmc_dumptypes file if you also received the ZDD code.
6. Restart ZMC services as the root user:
# /etc/init.d/zmc_aee restart
7. Reload the login page for ZMC test logging into ZMC. Any customizations to files should now be preserved and messages about needing to complete upgrade should no longer be seen when logging into ZMC. If additional help is needed or messages are still seen after following above steps, please open a support case on Network Zmanda for further assistance.
Click on an attachment to download it.