Amanda Enterprise (AE), a product of Zmanda, facilitates the backup of File Systems, Databases, and Applications. To perform a specific backup on windows, a Zmanda Management Console user need to create a windows template on Zmanda Windows Client (ZWC) and configure it with the Zmanda Management Console (ZMC) Server. Zmanda Windows Client backs up data from Microsoft Windows clients to an Amanda backup server. It is compatible with common Microsoft desktop operating systems such as Windows 10, 8, and 7, as well as Vista and XP. Common server OSes are supported as well, with server 2019, 2016, 2012 R2, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008, and 2003 all being compatible.
- Zmanda Windows Client (ZWC) needs to be installed on Windows (client) machine. It can be downloaded from network.zmanda.com.
Creating a Backup Template on ZWC
- Launch ZWC Configuration Utility.
2. Enter a relevant name.
3. Click on Add and select the file/ folder that you need to backup. Click OK on the dialog box.
4. Click on the Add Template
5. The newly created template will be visible in the Templates drop-down list.
Configuring Windows Template on ZMC
6. Log on Zmanda Management Console (ZMC) with valid credentials on the server.
7. Select a backup set from the list.
8. Click on File Systems and select Windows Template from the drop-down.
9. Fill the Host Name and template name in the ZWC Template column and click on the Add
10. Windows template DLE is configured with the server.
Please follow the above steps to create a template in Zmanda Windows Client (ZWC) and configure the same on the server. In case you get stuck in the process, kindly contact us and our team will get back to you soon.
You can reach us at Zsupport@betsol.com or give us a call at 888-496-2632 (U.S.) or 408-732-3208 (INTL).
Be sure to check out our other how-to videos: How To | Reset Your Zmanda Admin Password